Copenhagen, Denmark - January 10, 2017
Outpost24, a leading provider of Vulnerability Management solutions for commercial and government organizations, announced today the newest software versions for external, internal, and compliance scanning. With the Winter 2017 release, organizations will be able to integrate Outpost24, consolidate security operations, and improve their security posture with less effort.
Cyber security concerns continue to be a key driver of overall IT spending. According to a 2016 SANS Institute IT Security Spending Survey, “As security spending increases, however, overall IT budgets (in dollars) appear to be dropping.” This implies organizations investments will remain focused on simplifying operational processes. Further, Gartner’s Forecast Analysis: Information Security, Worldwide, 1Q16 report states “Preventive security will continue to show strong growth, as many security practitioners continue to have a buying preference for preventive measures.”
“Our customers continue to provide valuable feedback about improvements we can make in usability. For us, that goes beyond the user interface and drives our strategy for fitting neatly into any ecosystem that our customers may choose,” stated Bob Egner, CMO for Outpost24. “This new collection of capabilities not only improves our ability to meet the evolving needs of our customer’s security programs, it also delivers a new range of integration possibilities which can streamline processes and lower operational costs.”
Key new functionality included in the newest version of Outpost24 software includes:
- Single sign-on options with SAML and OneLogin support to simplify administration processes.
- JIRA integration support enables tickets and tasks to be raised within JIRA, providing another method to streamline the remediation process.
- Extended Splunk integration provides a consolidated view of vulnerabilities and risks within Splunk.
- Enhanced compliance scanning controls to reduce time required during compliance-only scanning.
- Improved PCI dispute status handling to simplify tracking and accelerate resolution.
- CVSS v3 reporting implements latest standards for scoring those vulnerabilities that support them CVSS v3.
- TLS support for Syslog processing to improve the security of syslog messages.
- Improved IPv6 scanning to extend the scan coverage, identifying more assets that might contain vulnerabilities.
For more information about the full capabilities of Outpost24 and alternate integration strategies, check out Outpost24.com. The latest version of Outpost24 software is available immediately.
Outpost24 is a leading cyber assessment company focused on enabling its customers to achieve maximum value from their evolving technology investments. By leveraging our full stack security insights to reduce attack surface for any architecture, Outpost24 customers continuously improve their security posture with the least effort.
Over 2,000 customers in more than 40 countries around the world trust Outpost24 to assess their devices, networks, applications, cloud and container environments and report compliance status for government, industry sector, or internal regulations.
Founded in 2001, Outpost24 serves leading organizations across a wide range of segments including financial and insurance, government, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, technology, and manufacturing.