An emerging cybersecurity solution space with its own definition has been coined in recent years: Attack Surface Management or ASM. Gartner, Forrester and other industry analysts have described the term in recent reports, adding the word ‘external’ to indicate the outside-in perspective of these solutions. The term External Attack Surface Management (EASM) can however be confusing or vague without a clear definition. This whitepaper aims to provide clarity on what External Attack Surface Management is, as well as its importance in ensuring your organization’s cyber resilience.
In this whitepaper, we will answer the following questions:
- What is External Attack Surface Management?
- Why it’s important to monitor your external attack surface?
- Why are EASM tools valuable?
- What are the common use cases for an EASM solution?
- What is the difference between an external attack surface scanner and a vulnerability scanner?
- What are the key features of an External Attack Surface Management platform?