Static application security testing
Automate testing for your application source code and identify security risks early in software development with full DevOps integration
Release with speed and confidence
Secure coding is essential for software development to eliminate security vulnerabilities before they can get to your applications. Powered by Mend SAST, our Static Application Security Testing (SAST) solution works hand in hand with your DevOps workflow ensuring security risks in source code are identified early in the software development process.
Automated static analysis helps educate developers and verify application source code compliance standards at scale without the need for security domain knowledge. With a powerful REST API and SaaS integration we deliver fast, accurate and actionable results ensuring seamless security introduction to any CI/CD DevOps environment.
DOM Based Cross-Site Scripting
HTTP Header Injection
HTTP Response Splitting
Secret Key In Source
Error Messages Information Exposure
Identify programming errors, unsanitized input processing, and vulnerable constructs in static code to detect bugs, improve code integrity or enforce coding standards early on in development
Scan millions of source code lines and automate complex code inspection at speed with easy REST API integrations into your CI/CD pipeline
Support for all major development languages and frameworks from C#, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, C/C++ to ASP.Net MVP, Django, Angular, React and much more!
Scored highly in the OWASP benchmark project in terms of accuracy for vulnerability detection, with less than 5% false positive
Dependency Check component included to detect publicly disclosed vulnerabilities contained within a project’s dependencies with associated CVE entries
Notify Developers about coding flaws and the exact code segment so they can spend less time finding the root cause and more time on remediation
Mend SAST lets enterprise application developers create new applications quickly, without sacrificing security.
Provides security tools your developers need to improve code security with speed and confidence
Easy to set up and run scalable tests on the source code on the go with easy integration into your CI/CD pipeline
In-depth analysis for identification of software defects, vulnerabilities, and compliance issues in the codebase
SAST vs DAST: difference and use cases
SAST (Static Application Security Testing)
- Whitebox security testing
- Requires source code and access to underlying framework, design and implementation
- Scan codebase and identify errors and security vulnerabilities as it's being written.
- Cannot detect run-time and environment-related issues
- Used by DevOps early in the SDLC to reduce technical debt
- Early security defect detection, less expensive to fix vulnerabilities
- Best for software developed in-house
DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing)
- Blackbox security testing
- Requires a running application to analyze the full system environments and execution logic
- Crawl the pages and identify security vulnerabilities as it runs by simulating pen test-like attacks
- Used by SecOps at the end of development cycle
- Vulnerability detection in later stage, more expensive to fix once in production
- Best for security assurance or outsourced development
More about our Dynamic Application Security Testing solution
Request a SAST demo >>Languages:
ABAP, SALESFORCE APEX, ASP.NET, JSP, HTML/HTML5
SQL, XML, XAMARIN
ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, TELERIK, HIBERNATE.NET, ENTITY FRAMEWORK, JSP, J2EE, SPRING, SPRING BOOT, STRUTS, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, JAVA FACES, JAX-RPC, JAVA BEANS, EJB, HIBERNATE, WEBSOCKETS, ZEND, KOHANA, CAKE PHP, SYMFONY, LARAVEL, YII, CODEIGNITER, PHALCON, FLASK, DJANGO, RUBY ON RAILS, REACT, ANGULAR, NODE.JS, JQUERY, EXPRESSJS, KNOCKOUT, KOA.JS, GRAILS, GORILLA, REVEL, GIN, ECHO, BEEGO, IBM DB2, BSP, BOTTLE, XAMARIN