Static Application Security Testing
Automate testing for your application source code and identify security risks early in software development with full DevOps integration
Release with speed and confidence
Secure coding is essential for software development to eliminate security vulnerabilities before they can get to your applications. Powered by DefenseCode ThunderScan, our Static Application Security Testing (SAST) solution works hand in hand with your DevOps workflow ensuring security risks in source code are identified early in the software development process.
Automated static analysis helps educate developers and verify application source code compliance standards at scale without the need for security domain knowledge. With a powerful REST API and SaaS integration we deliver fast, accurate and actionable results ensuring seamless security introduction to any CI/CD DevOps environment.
Common application vulnerabilities
Secure the software development lifecycle with SAST
Detect Source Code Vulnerabilities
Identify programming errors, unsanitized input processing, and vulnerable constructs in static code to detect bugs, improve code integrity or enforce coding standards early on in development
Prevent Late Security Diagnostics
Ensure your application source code is free of security vulnerabilities e.g. SQL Injections, XSS to prevent coding flaws and reduce cost of remediation before release
Automate Code Reviews at Scale
Scan millions of source code lines and automate complex code inspection at speed with easy REST API integrations into your CI/CD pipeline
Multiple Language & Framework Support
Support for all major development languages and frameworks from C#, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, C/C++ to ASP.Net MVP, Django, Angular, React and much more!
High Confidence, Low Noise
Scored highly in the OWASP benchmark project in terms of accuracy for vulnerability detection, with less than 5% false positive
Software Composition Analysis
Dependency Check component included to detect publicly disclosed vulnerabilities contained within a project’s dependencies with associated CVE entries
Save Bug Fixing Cost and Effort
Notify Developers about coding flaws and the exact code segment so they can spend less time finding the root cause and more time on remediation
Ease of Security Compliance
Ensure continuous compliance checking for PCI-DSS, SANS/CWE Top 25, OWASP Top 10 and NIST so your codebase is always protected with minimal effort
Comprehensive code security and static analysis tool
With more developers than security staff it's impossible to perform manual code security reviews for every application. Static Application Security Testing (SAST) makes it possible to analyze millions of lines of code in a matter of minutes, for more than 70 different vulnerability types in desktop, mobile web applications developed on various platforms using different languages and frameworks.
There’s no need to worry about faulty codes and regulation red tape, our plug and play tool and easy DevOps integration means you can take a proactive approach to mitigate application security risks.
- Providing developers more confidence to fix critical vulnerabilities with a single code change
- Greater understanding of security risks in application source code for effective prioritization
- Low false positives and monitoring against 27 programming languages and various frameworks
Benefits of Static Application Security Testing
SAST vs DAST
Understand the difference and how to use these automated application testing tools together to provide comprehensive coverage for your web applications at different stages of your agile development cycles
SAST (Static Application Security Testing)
- Whitebox security testing
- Requires source code and access to underlying framework, design and implementation
- Scan codebase and identify errors and security vulnerabilities as it's being written.
- Cannot detect run-time and environment-related issues
- Used by DevOps early in the SDLC to reduce technical debt
- Early security defect detection, less expensive to fix vulnerabilities
- Best for software developed in-house
DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing)
- Blackbox security testing
- Requires a running application to analyze the full system environments and execution logic
- Crawl the pages and identify security vulnerabilities as it runs by simulating pen test-like attacks
- Used by SecOps at the end of development cycle
- Vulnerability detection in later stage, more expensive to fix once in production
- Best for security assurance or outsourced development
See more about our Dynamic Application Security Testing solution