Dynamic application security testing
Frequent changes to applications in the SDLC are inevitable and vulnerability assessment must be continuous. Our Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) solution makes it simple to scan hundreds of web applications and identify common vulnerabilities at the speed of DevOps
The DevOps guide to application security
Web application remain the #1 attack vector exploited in successful breaches. With agile development, applications run the risk of creating new vulnerabilities while perpetuating old ones on a weekly, daily, even hourly basis. Download our useful DevSecOps guide and learn how best to operationalize security testing in an agile process by integrating the right security testing tools, at the right time, in the right places to ensure faster and safer releases.
Dynamic Application Security Testing scanner for modern applications
Dynamic Application Security Testing scanner crawls web pages, locates endpoints of web services, inputs and outputs, to simulate penetration testing like attacks to uncover exploitable security vulnerabilities and business logic issues with reliable results. Unlike static analysis, DAST is done from the outside looking in (black box testing) and identifies security risks when the application is already running.
- Outside-in: uses the same techniques that an attacker would use to uncover exploitable runtime vulnerabilities
- Save money: enrolls multiple applications at once and provides quick assessments to fit any release cycles
- Save time: replaces expensive manual testing that takes too long to produce results
- Reliable: provides an accurate view of application risk and low false positives to drive effective remediation.
Agile development requires speed and depth. Our DAST solution delivers both to help you get more done with less effort
- Quick start within minutes: easy set up and configuration for any number of applications
- Powerful automation: agile scan schedule and continuous scanning in pre production and production to help you stay nimble
- Connected: rest API integration for any third party tools, or launch test directly from your existing CI/CD toolchains
- Real time: fit seamlessly into any application development cycle to deliver fast result
- Assess the OSI layer 3 to 7 for security vulnerabilities
- Provide wider coverage for the application as well as the network infrastructure it runs on
- Support for multi-page and single page architecture (SPA)
- Lightweight API testing
If you value quality over quantity our premium PTaaS is available to help filter out the noise and provide risk context for more focused remediation:
- guarantee zero false positive to allow better understanding and accurate reporting of PCI and OWASP top 10 compliance and other regulatory requirement
- fast track fixes for critical vulnerabilities with CVSS and threat intelligence powered risk rating
- customized reporting by business units, teams and individual applications for better collaboration
What is DevSecOps?
With speed as the driving force in agile development, security testing must be integrated in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) seamlessly with the right tools and process. Watch our on-demand DevSecOps webinar series as we share and demo the best practices and tools required to align and automate agile DevOps and public cloud deployment at speed and scale
“Utilizing an automated security testing tool like Outpost24 has helped reduce 3,000 audits to 1 audit and documents that our system is secure to our customers. It has enhanced our security capabilities and now we have a complete view of threats”
Performing DAST security testing in development is best practice as it scans live applications without looking at the internal source code or application architecture, and uses the same techniques that an attacker would to identify potential security weaknesses. Our automated DAST scanner uses risk indexing to help developers focus on security vulnerabilities that matters without having to sift through false positives.
Performs security test from the outside to identify common vulnerabilities with OWASP top 10, WASC, CWE/CVE best practice for compliance
Outsourced development can introduce security issues without you knowing. It's vital to understand the application risks before moving to production
Your security can't wait. Get in touch now.
Find out how Outpost24 secures the software development cycle and talk to us about your DevOps Security needs
What is Dast? ⇘
Dynamic Application Security Testing uses the Blackbox testing method to identify security vulnerabilities (cross-site scripting, SQL injection) and configuration mistakes in OWASP Top 10 and beyond. DAST scanning delivers high-quality vulnerability findings to help DevOps and SecOps address security risks with confidence before they are released to the next stage.
Why do companies choose Outpost24 to test applications security? ⇘
Built specifically for DevOps and SecOps our DAST scanner works by continuously identifying security risks and finding potential software vulnerabilities so your developers don't have to and securing your SDLC in an effective and efficient way.
What does a dast tool do? ⇘
DAST tools crawl web pages, locate endpoints of web services, inputs and outputs therefore requiring a working version of a web application for the testing to work.
How is Dast done? ⇘
DAST works by implementing automated scans that simulate malicious external attacks on an application to identify outcomes that are not part of an expected result. One example of this is injecting malicious data to uncover common injection flaws.
Pros of Dast ⇘
Can identify security errors as it runs within the full system environment without the need for source code and takes a hacker approach to spot exploitable vulnerabilities including SQL and common injection vulnerabilities.
Cons of Dast ⇘
Vulnerabilities are found later in the SDLC, remediation is often rushed or pushed into the next cycle and it costs more time and money to fix security vulnerabilities already in production, causing delays.