Navigating the complex world of modern web applications can be a challenge from a cybersecurity standpoint. Many of these applications contain a plethora of layers, and if not designed with security in mind, they can become a source for vulnerabilities and open pathways for attacks. Yielding a better understanding of your assets, their attack vectors, and the overall risk to your organization is important to reduce the chances of hackers breaching your organization's IT systems.
But here lies a problem as the number of web applications and underlying vulnerabilities could easily be in the thousands, especially in large organizations where shadow IT is prevalent. Therefore, it is essential for organizations to maintain visibility of their digital footprint and understand the security weakness in the application architecture. We will show you how to discover every web application you own and ascertain their risk levels through a hacker’s lens to gain a better understanding of the overall attack surface and locate the right path for remediation
What you'll learn
- Why risk visibility is key to web application security
- The key attack vectors that could put your web application at risk
- Understand the risk scores and how to prioritize testing and remediation efforts
- The benefits of CMDB and continuous assessment to reduce your attack surface
- How to create and implement a continuous application security program that actually works