Customer Support Portal User Guide
This document provides guidelines on what information to add when raising a support ticket. For more information on how to get in touch with Outpost24 Customer Support, go to https://outpost24.com/support or check out our Customer Support – User Guide.
© 2019 Outpost24®. All rights reserved.
This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® in Sweden and other countries.
Outpost24 Customer Support is aimed at building competent and sustainable customer success. We want you to have the best prerequisites for being successful in your Vulnerability Management. In the following pages, you will find there is an introduction to how you contact Outpost24 Support and how to raise any technical concerns directly with us. Should you find that you need information not available in this document, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
In Outpost24, we have named our Support team members for Product Experts as Outpost24 Support are experts of our tools and are here to assist you with any technical issue that you might encounter
Customer Success Manager
As an Outpost24 Premium Customer, you are provided a dedicated Customer Success Manager (CSM)
Outpost24 Customer Support Portal
The Outpost24 Support Portal is where Outpost24 customers and partners raise questions, feature requests and technical issues. Only current Outpost24 customers / partners with signed, valid agreement can be users in the portal
2. Getting Started
Getting started with the Outpost24 Support Portal is easy – simply go to the portal here: https://servicedesk.outpost24.com/servicedesk/customer/portals. Should you have any challenges logging in to the portal or accessing the portal – please write to email@example.com Once you are logged in to the portal, start typing what you need help with. Here you will also be directed to our knowledge articles where you will find more information. In case there is no article to match, or you need to raise a bug / feature request, feel free to choose the applicable option below the type field.
2.1 Before raising a ticket
Before you raise a ticket, you will want to check that the issue has not already been fixed. Therefore, try to reboot the appliance and update it. If online update fails, do an offline update.
To conduct an offline update:
- Open a browser and log on to the HIAB at 'https://< HIAB-IP >
- Go to Main Menu > Settings > Maintenance
- Click on the Generate download key button
- Copy the key
- Open a new tab in the browser and log on to OUTSCAN, https://outscan.outpost24.com/
- Go to Main Menu > Support.
- Click on the HIAB Update Package tab
- Paste the key and click on Download Update Package on the bottom of the page to start downloading the file
- Return to the HIAB 'https://< HIAB-IP >
- Click on Upload Update package
- Choose the downloaded file from step #8
- Click on Upload. This step may take several minutes.
2.2. Raising and tracking a Support ticket
Once you have updated your appliance, to raise a Support ticket you will want to include the below items for us to start investigating your ticket as soon as possible. Remember to reply to us if we request further information from you to assist you further – the ticket will auto close after 7 days in waiting for customer status.
- What username do you log on with?
- Describe the scenarios in which the issue occurs. Give us as much details as you can.
- Do you get any error messages? If yes, provide us with a screen shot or write them down.
- When did you first notice the problem?
- What is the excepted outcome? And the actual outcome?
- Attach a print screen of the bug/error.
As soon as the above information has been provided by you, we will start investigating the issue and keep you updated through the Outpost24 Support Portal, according to the signed Service Level Agreement in place. Once the fix for the issue has been released and confirmed, the ticket will be closed.
Product-specific required information
- What version is your HIAB? HIAB version can be found in Main Menu > About.
- If you have several HIABs, tell us the IP and MAC-address of the HIAB in question.
- Many issues can be solved by Remote Support, please inform us if we are able to use this feature to remedy the issue.
- APPSEC SCALE
- What is the name of the scan?
- What product have you integrated with?
Each quarter, our overall product roadmap is reviewed. During this review period, product enhancement requests are either approved or rejected for addition to the product roadmap. In the event of approval, they will be added to the product according to the timeline the product team decides based on the priority of requests received and market demand.
Please note that due to the volume of product enhancement requests we receive, we will be unable to guarantee specific feedback on the request. However, if the request is added to our roadmap, we will inform you. The ticket will be reopened if the the feature will be implemented, until then, the ticket will be closed.
- What is the use case (what do you want to do)?
- What is the expected result?
If there are additional questions, simply reopen the ticket – we look forward to assisting you.
2.3 Add participant
Should you want one of your colleagues to track your ticket while you are on holiday, simply press “Add Participant” in the portal on your ticket in question and add the e-mail of the person that you would like to track your ticket while you are away*.
*Please note that you will only be able to add an e-mail, which already has access to the Customer Support Portal. Should that not be the case, simply request access to the portal through here. In addition, should you have any challenges logging in to the portal or accessing the portal – please use the same link as provided above.