Winter 2018 Release: Outpost24 Enhances Application Security Portfolio
Copenhagen, Denmark – February 27, 2018
Outpost24, a leading provider of Vulnerability Management solutions for commercial and government organizations, announced today the newest versions of their solution for network, web application, and compliance scanning. With the Winter 2018 release, Outpost24 delivers enhancements to application security testing solutions that can simplify and improve results of any Appsec program. In addition to enhancements in usability, the latest release enables organizations to deploy Scale automated application security testing on Outpost24 scanning appliances.
One similarity shared by every business, from large enterprises to one-person operations, is a competitive push towards digital transformation and being ever-more present online. This investment can improve customer experience, simplify internal processes, and streamline supply chain relationships. But the required pace of technology change frequently outstrips the firm’s security capacity. An amazing 68% of corporate decision-makers have little to no confidence in managing digital threats, according to a 2017 survey from RiskIQ. They don't know how big their digital attack surface is or how they can reduce it. Gartner has predicted that “by 2020, 60% of digital businesses will suffer major service failures due to IT security teams’ inability to manage risk.”
“Since expanding our Appsec portfolio just a few months ago, we have had enormous uptake with existing and new customers who seek to understand what assets they own and where those assets are weak,” stated Bob Egner, CMO for Outpost24. “We’ve responded to nearly all requests for enhancements as well as making our strategy, to combine assessment of all key technology assets in one tool, a reality. Our customers want the same type of guidance in applications that we have been providing for infrastructure – how to rate and focus on the most important security improvements with the lowest cost and resource requirements. That’s business value for the security professional.”
Key functionality included in the newest version of the Outpost24 platform includes:
- Scale for internal applications provides the ability to deploy Outpost24’s automated web application security testing technology, Scale, on Outpost24’s HIAB scanning appliances.
- Appsec UI refresh (beta) updates the SWAT and Scale user experience following the design language introduced with Scale, with richer presentation of application security content from both solution components for improved monitoring and insights. Users are encouraged to try the new UI or change back to the classic view and provide feedback to Outpost24.
- Appsec RESTful API (beta) updates the Appsec API following additional functionality in the UI combined with a best practice approach to simplify DevOps and SecOps automation and orchestration projects.
- ServiceNow app updates to a second-generation app with a variety of Vulnerability Response and CMDB integrations and usability improvements including use of Scanning-Less Scanning (SLS) technology for vulnerability assessment based on the contents of the ServiceNow CMDB. This app is now available through the ServiceNow Store
- 83 additional enhancements, fixes, and API updates to ensure our customers get great quality, performance, and usability through regular software updates.
For more information about the full capabilities of Outpost24, check out Outpost24.com. The latest version of Outpost24 platform is available immediately.
Outpost24 is a leading Vulnerability Management company focused on enabling its customers to achieve maximum value from their evolving technology investments. By delivering insights that reduce vulnerabilities and attack surface for any architecture, Outpost24 customers continuously improve their security posture with low effort. Over 1,500 customers in more than 40 countries around the world trust Outpost24 to inspect their devices, networks, and web applications and report compliance status to government, industry sector, or internal regulations. Founded in 2001, Outpost24 serves leading organizations across a wide range of segments including financial and insurance, government, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, technology, and manufacturing.