Vulnerability Management – Business more secure
Business Smart Security 101
Better business over time
To work with Vulnerability Management is similar to preventing bad things to happen over time and is basically the exercise of limiting the chance of a breach by remediating vulnerabilities thereby reducing one’s overall risk level of being hacked.
Hackers exploit well-known vulnerabilities, CVE´s, Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures, which are publicly known software security vulnerabilities in software packages.
The most popular and reoccurring vulnerabilities exist in new and old popular software packages provided by such great companies as Apple, Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe etc. and one needs to remediate them quickly as the hackers also have access to this public pool of security information.
But still today the majority of cyber-attacks and breaches are planned and based on these well-known and often old vulnerabilities. These exploits gain access to company networks and what most people do not understand; is the scale and severity of the problem.
We at Outpost24 detect 12,000 vulnerabilities daily and almost 20% is classified as high risk. Imagine an IT Operations Team trying to protect their environment against breaches without knowing those risks as well as lacking a solution to quickly find and fix them.
Usually, organizations have a reactive approach – they simply only react on incidents.
What should you do to create a Business-Oriented Vulnerability Management program?
1. Align your patch management and incident management team. You need to be on top of your processes and the responsibility to remediate.
2. Keep track of all your assets, as you need to know your infrastructure.
3. Identify your business-critical applications and network components, that will help you prioritize.
4. Scan your network continuously for vulnerabilities.
5. Run discovery scan and search for new assets several days a week.
6. Verify and follow up on your remediation progress.
7. Assess your risk.
By investing in people, processes, and technology, you could reduce the risk of breaches and protect your business processes much more effective.
Outpost24 – Vulnerability Management made easy – Proactive Security Intelligence at your fingertip.
Request a consultation today @ https://www.outpost24.com/contact/request_consultation/