Autumn 2017 Release: Outpost24 Introduces GDPR Compliance Tools
Procedural compliance and continuous monitoring informs and guides to reach compliance objectives
Copenhagen, Denmark – November 7, 2017
Outpost24, a leading provider of Vulnerability Management solutions for commercial and government organizations, announced today the newest versions of their solution for network, web application, and compliance scanning. With the Autumn 2017 release, Outpost24 delivers innovative capabilities for any organization that is uncertain about their GDPR posture or how to monitor it over time. In addition to enhancements in usability and connectors, using the latest release enables organizations to understand issues and act with certainty on the final stages of their GDPR implementation before the May 2018 deadline and for ongoing monitoring of their systems and processes.
The European Commission published a data protection package to reform, modernize and harmonize European data protection law in late 2015. The cornerstone of the package is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will replace the 1995 Data Protection Directive and, in the UK, the Data Protection Act 1998. The regulation goes into effect on May 25, 2018. Yet several recent surveys vendor surveys estimate as many as 60% of companies have either not started or are in early stages of their GDPR implementation projects. Additionally, over half of US multi-national companies rated GDPR their top data protection priority in a recent PWC pulse survey. To date, GDPR implementation projects have been a business boon to consulting and legal firms.
“We’ve been actively working with a large part of our customer base that is preparing for the upcoming GDPR requirements. In this release we are responding to a consistent theme – How can an organization understand their compliance posture at any time?” stated Bob Egner, CMO for Outpost24. “Using capabilities already introduced into the platform, we are offering a simple configuration to monitor and alert organizations when their process and assets involved in meeting GDPR requirements fall out of compliance. In addition to the other enhancements to the platform, this GDPR capability guides organizations to build their knowledge to make smarter decisions for their limited security expertise.”
Key new functionality included in the newest version of the Outpost24 platform includes:
- GDPR procedural compliance tools provide the ability to configure, monitor and be alerted on any changes to procedures or technical controls that are critical to GDPR compliance.
- CyberArk integration streamlines credential management for organizations invested in Privileged Account Management (PAM) technology.
- ServiceNow app extends the capabilities of ServiceNow integration for organizations who rely on this market leaders IT service management and security operations products.
- Appsec Scale authentication improvements in the form of templates that simplify creation of authentication scripts for application security testing at volume.
- Fallback kernel vulnerability checks allowing more control over how to assess fallback kernels in production Linux systems.
- PCI DSS 3.2 ASV checks including unknown services.
- Enhanced API management provided through detailed insights of additions and changes to the Outpost24 platform API. This has proven critical to organizations that continue to use the platform in advanced automation or orchestration scenarios.
For more information about the full capabilities of Outpost24, check out Outpost24.com. The latest version of Outpost24 platform is available immediately.
Outpost24 is a leading Vulnerability Management company focused on enabling its customers to achieve maximum value from their evolving technology investments. By delivering insights that reduce vulnerabilities and attack surface for any architecture, Outpost24 customers continuously improve their security posture with low effort. Over 2,000 customers in more than 40 countries around the world trust Outpost24 to inspect their devices, networks, and web applications and report compliance status to government, industry sector, or internal regulations. Founded in 2001, Outpost24 serves leading organizations across a wide range of segments including financial and insurance, government, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, technology, and manufacturing.